It’s a very rare occasion when I come across a topic that’s never featured on ‘Guy Style Guide’ before. We’ve covered everything from necklaces to tall hats on tall men, but one thing we’ve never taken a look at is tattoos.
I’ll be honest with you now: having never taken the plunge and gotten inked up, I’m probably not the best person to ask for advice on the topic of tattoo art. So with that in mind, I turn my blog over to the experts in the field (or at least those men brave enough to get one)…
Here are a number of great videos that tackle the subject of fashion, style and tattoos, starting with an in-depth guide from site favourite Aaron of ‘Alpha M Consulting’.
So, let’s summarise the key points shall we?
- Think about what you’re getting before you get it – your tattoo is going to be with you for the rest of your life (unless you want to undergo a painful laser procedure), so perhaps it isn’t a great idea to get your holiday fling’s name inked across your forehead!
- Tattoos are addictive – or at least, they can be. Be careful not to go overboard or you’ll end up running out of fresh canvas.
- Neck, hands, face and lower back are out-of-bounds – they dramatically reduce your job opportunities.
- Look into your artist before you let him loose with a needle – does he/she have the ability to perform to your satisfaction. Go to a reputable tattoo artist.
- Cheap tattoos are not good tattoos
- Blood donators beware – you may find that your local blood bank isn’t willing to accept a donation for an extended period of time after getting a tattoo. Check with the regulations in your area before you take the plunge.
Popularity: 1% [?]